Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

My Baby Graduated, and I can't stop crying

My son is my baby.
He is my oldest, but the bond that him and I have is strong, and beautiful.
I am not sure if it is because he was my first born, if it is because I had him at a young age, so in a sense we 'grew up' together, or if it is simply because I was actually (in a weird way) ready to be a mom, and he made me the happiest person on earth the day he was born. 

He has not always been perfect.
No child is. 
Sometimes he has been lazy, selfish, rude, and dis-respectful.

But....
He is also kindhearted,loyal,loving,intelligent, amazing, and has a brain that thinks beyond the normal teenage thoughts. And for every dis-respectful teenage time in his life, he has made up for it by showing the utmost respect and humility in situations that have made me proud.
But most of all,
he loves me. 
This boy loves his mama, and that I know!
Congratulations to my son for graduating High School.
Now I hope he goes on to do wonderful things with his life. 
I know he will, because from the moment I saw his ultrasound picture, I knew he was special!

'I love you more than the sun, moon and stars'

When he was a baby, my friend would ask me, 'why do you hold him so much?'
and I would honestly say
'because I just love him so much!'

6 comments:

  1. That was beautiful J.R.
    Congratulations to your baby on graduating. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily- Isn't it crazy that these little boys can tug at our heart so much. The saying 'Mama's Boy' holds so true!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Marianne- At one point when I was hugging him, balling my eyes out, I said to him "We did it" It is definitely a team effort.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I'm going to cry now! What a beautiful post, J.R. The mother/son bond is a special one and I cherish my boys - even whey they're driving me crazy. Congratulations to your "baby" and to you. I gave you "The Fabulous Blog Ribbon", so stop by and pick it up when you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mod, thank you! Tears are still a flowin over here. ;)

      I will definitely stop by and pick up my ribbon ;) I was gettin in some blog time before work this morning, so I'll be 'stoppin by' tonight!

      Can't wait!

      Delete

Reading is a wonderful thing......if you enjoy what you are reading
Writing is a wonderful thing.........if you enjoy what you are writing

I have fun writing this blog, and so I hope you have fun reading it.
Thank you,Thank you! Thank you very much!